Greetings human 🤖. Welcome to Tuesday! It’s that day when you get the Robot Skidmore electronic mail newsletter in your internet inbox. This week’s email is all about pizza.
What I’m Writing
I’d give myself a B- for my 2022 writing challenge so far. On one hand, I’ve gotten a lot of writing done. On the other, I still have not published a story yet.
It turns out my first idea titled A Scream of Consciousness was too big of an idea for me to handle in a single month. It ballooned into an outline that was looking like it would be at least a few thousand words. I’ve still been working on it and I will finish it. But I felt like I needed something a little shorter for my first story.
So, the new story is called New New York it’s about the first pizza shop on Mars. It’s been fun to write. I’m hoping to publish in the next week. I think you’ll like it.
What I’m Learning
Man, I’ve been doing a lot of research to write this story. For such a simple food, it turns out making 🍕 on Mars is not that straightforward. How do you get the flour? Where does the water to grow it come from? Here are a few of the cool things I discovered on my journey.
- We’ll start with Pizza, A Love Story (Prime). This documentary is all about the history of three pizza parlours in New Haven, CT. It was awesome. Some day I’ll have to fly out there and try all three.
- How to get water on Mars (YouTube).
- A quick TL;DR on yeast (YouTube).
- Vegan mozzerella recipe. Cause how do you get water buffalo to Mars?
- How to Grow Vegetables on Mars (Scientific american).
What I’m Reading
I started the Revelation Space series again. It’s been about five years since I read it last. It’s an intricately woven space opera. Highly recommend.